Tuesday, June 23, 2009

More mess; less B.S. (or: Nine simple suggestions for using social media)

Monday, June 1st, 2009

There are a lot of social media experts out there, and I’m not one of them. I don’t think your business needs a Facebook Page (actually, I say that they’re largely bunk); meanwhile, I feel that a lot of “blogger outreach” is an outright waste of time. In fact, I argue that you should probably ignore a lot of tools and features out there.

I often lament the hubbub around social media. It’s not that I question its necessity or importance; rather, I dislike how it’s upheld as the answer to all our problems. Nevertheless, our firm has experimented with social media a fair amount and as a result, we’ve gained some insights on the topic. As a result, I’m often asked to speak about social media. The following post is a summary of my talk at SEGD ’09 in San Diego last week.

If you haven’t already, you’re likely going to use social media in one form or another to promote your business. The following are a few easy things to keep in mind as you do so:


TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE, PLEASE VISIT: ERIC KARJALUOTO'S FULL STORY ---> HERE <---







<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]